F. William (Will) DeVore IV
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Law
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
Will DeVore is a civil litigation attorney who practices in the areas of catastrophic injury, wrongful death, construction, insurance bad faith, contract law, and condemnation law. He also handles traffic tickets in Mecklenburg, Gaston, and Union County.
Will’s numerous experiences representing both plaintiffs and defendants in trial and appellate settings have given him a broad perspective on both sides of the argument. As a result, in the initial stages of a dispute, he is able to provide each client with a good assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of his or her case.
Will has tried and settled matters in excess of $1 million, including obtaining a $1.5 million insurance bad faith verdict, and assisting Fred DeVore in obtaining a $6 million verdict in 2013. Together with Fred DeVore and Derek Adler, settled a $7.5 million medical malpractice action. He also has appealed cases to the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
He is honored to be working with his father, Fred W. DeVore, III and four litigation paralegals, Nancy Swoyer, Connie Hunter, Susie Baker and Lisa Saia. Will prides himself on always keeping his clients informed and up to date about the status of their cases, and he makes every effort to work diligently and efficiently on each client’s case.
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Social Committee Member
- William H. Bobbitt Inn of Court
- Vice-Chair, Civil Litigation Section, Mecklenburg County Bar
- Chair, Civil Litigation Section, Mecklenburg County Bar
- Elon University School of Law, Greensboro, North Carolina
- J.D. *Charter Class - 2009
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. - 2005
- Major: Journalism
- North Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2009
- 2022 Best Lawyers in America