- Civil Litigation
- Eminent Domain
Brittany is a civil litigation attorney who has dedicated her career to holding corporations, insurance companies and the government accountable for their wrongdoings and to representing injured victims and their families.
Combined with her work as a practicing attorney, Brittany has over a decade of legal experience with some of the country's top law firms, as well as the United States District Attorney's Office. Brittany's experience includes all aspects of civil practice.
One of Brittany's most notable cases includes advocating on behalf of a fan struck by a foul ball in an unprotected section of Fenway Park. The Red Sox believed they were virtually immune from protecting fans from dangerous foul balls. Brittany helped challenge the Red Sox interpretation of the law and assisted in defeating motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment filed by the Boston Red Sox. As a result of this case, the Court ordered the Red Sox have a legal duty to protect fans from unreasonably dangerous foul balls in sections of the ballpark where the fans deserve protection.
Brittany worked as counsel on a premise liability claim against a landlord who maintained an unsafe stairway. When the plaintiff resident exited her apartment, she tripped on a dangerously placed extension cord causing her to fall down the stairs and break her foot. The defense settled mid-trial.
In addition to her personal injury work, Brittany also handles civil rights claims against counties and the state originating from their violations of the 4th, 8th, and 14th amendments.
Over the course of her career, she has obtained settlements and verdicts in excess of $1,000,000.
Outside of the courtroom Brittany is a trained focus group moderator and has consulted on dozens of personal injury cases. Her studies in human behavior and heuristics uniquely equips her with insight into formulating persuasive arguments.
Brittany believes that her duty does not end when we secure justice for those that are injured due to the negligent and malicious acts of others. Equally important is learning from the prevention lessons of the case and formulating public awareness to prevent future injuries and death. Brittany looks forward to meeting those that need her representation and is dedicated to working for the best possible outcome for each client.
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Present
- NC Association of Women Attorneys, Present
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Present
- Keenan Ball Trial College, Present
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Present
- Young Lawyers Division – Connectivity Committee Chair
- Women Lawyers of Charlotte, Board of Directors, Communications
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Young Lawyers Division – Connectivity Committee Chair
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Major: Human Development and Family Science
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- 2020 Legal Elite, Litigation (NC)
- 2021 Legal Elite, Litigation (NC)
- 2022 Legal Elite, Litigation (NC)
- 2022 Super Lawyer, Rising Star