Victims Of Scooter Accidents Deserve Compensation
Motorized scooters seem to be all the rage. In the past few years, scooter rideshares have popped up throughout North Carolina, especially in metros like Charlotte. Although the scooters provide convenient transportation, they can also cause serious injuries to riders and bystanders.
At DeVore, Acton & Stafford, P.A., we help clients who have suffered because of a scooter accident. We represent plaintiffs including scooter riders and pedestrians, cyclists or automobile drivers. With 100 years of combined experience, our attorneys know how to fight for maximum compensation and hold the negligent parties accountable.
We handle accidents involving:
- Injured scooter riders
- Drivers, bicyclists or pedestrians who contribute to scooter accidents
- Scooter riders who cause injuries to drivers, cyclists or pedestrians
- Scooter companies that do not adequately maintain their scooters
- Scooter companies that do not adequately inform riders about risks
Does North Carolina Have Laws About Scooters?
State law treats motorized scooters as mopeds, though you do not need to register a rideshare scooter with the state. However, there are a few specific rules about these scooters:
- Riders must be of 18 years or older to ride a scooter
- Riders may not use scooters on sidewalks or in public parking spaces
- Parked scooters may not block roads or sidewalks
- Riders may not take scooters outside of city limits
- All riders must wear a helmet
- All riders must have a valid driver’s license
The attorneys at DeVore, Acton & Stafford, P.A., understand North Carolina’s scooter laws in depth. Whether you were a rider, cyclist or pedestrian, we can help you navigate the law as you seek compensation.
Scooter Rideshares Have Complex Liability
Liability is more complex in scooter crashes than it is in automobile crashes. There may be more than one liable party, including the rideshare company or a negligent rider or driver. It is crucial to work with a law firm like DeVore, Acton & Stafford, P.A., that understands how to determine complex liability and has successfully done so for several clients.
After A Scooter Accident, Get A Free Consultation
We provide free consultations where we can evaluate your case. Schedule yours by contacting our office in Charlotte: Call 704-594-4227, toll-free at 866-953-8974 or send us an email. You should not have to suffer because of injuries from a scooter accident.